MSQRD vs Snapchat: With the release of MSQRD app it has become a great rival to the photo editing app Snapchat which is much popular among the populace. MSQRD and Snapchat have lots of things in common. The applications are designed to allow their users to edit photos by adding certain filters and record weird selfie videos with a variety of available masks. Both the apps are compatible on Android and iOS platforms.
Unlike MSQRD, in Snapchat, one needs to create an account and can directly video chat with people in the followers list even after applying hilarious masks and filters. In the points given, it is attempted to compare and find the similarities as well as differences between these two prominent applications.A lot of similarities have been spotted in these two apps, but there are notable differences too. Unlike MSQRD, in Snapchat, one needs to create an account and can directly video chat with people in the followers list even after applying hilarious masks and filters. In the points given, it is attempted to compare and find the similarities as well as differences between these two prominent applications.
MSQRD vs. SnapChat – Comparisons, Similarities, Differences & Conclusion
- MSQRD is more of an image editing engine whereas the Snapchat is a sort of social media that allows its users to have a chat with the person in the contact list.
- Compared to Snapchat the MSQRD has more image filters and masks, but the later updates of Snapchat are seen to be endowed with remarkable filters.
- Taking the global ranking of these two applications into consideration, Snapchat is already ranked four where as the debutant MSQRD app is struggling at number 13 in the position table.
- Having compared the number of downloads, Snapchat has already crossed the milestone of 500millions. However, the newly launched MSQRD has only managed to have 5 million downloads.
- Regarding the popularity, the download charts already projected that which photo editing application is winning the battle. If the filters for photo editing are taken into account, then MSQRD surely beats Snapchat in the race.
- Both the apps are in a grueling competition since the release of MSQRD and with the Facebook support, it is sure that things are going to heat up even more.
- Swiping aside all the differences, these two have a lot in common. Like Snapchat, MSQRD also provides its users abundance of photo filters as well as it allows the users to record selfie videos with masks of famous personalities, fictional characters and funny emojis.
- Snapchat and MSQRD have advanced facelift features, and both of them allow their users to use the front as well as rear camera.
- A user can easily upload the selfie records in the social forums like Facebook, Instagram. The feature of live face effects allows a user to express their state of emotion is also common in both the applications.
- The main difference between these two apps entangled in a tussle is that Snapchat allows its users actually to chat with people in contacts by sending snaps and funny videos.
- These chats or snaps last for 10 minutes then they are gone for the right. This feature is not available in MSQRD as it is only an image editing engine.
- Another main difference is that Snapchat one can swap one’s facial display with another person who is present during the recording of the video. It is yet to come in MSQRD; here a person can only swap faces with the masks available.
At this point of time, one can say that Snapchat is the real winner between these two. But it is also true that Snapchat is in the app market for quite a long time, but MSQRD is recent it is yet to develop. So it would be too early to judge whether MSQRD does not have what it takes to be a winner.